Funeral for Brother John S Brockie PM
Sad and Doleful Tidings, our dear Brother John S Brockie, has passed to the Grand Lodge above.
The funeral arrangements are as follows:
- Church Service at Dunblane Cathedral at 1.30pm on Thursday 6th October 2022.
- Followed by a Private Cremation at Stirling Crematorium at 15.00.
- Prior to the service, there will be a Lodge of Sorrow at The Lodge of Dunblane No.IX at 12.00.
Please note that NO REGALIA is to be worn at the church service and family flowers only.
The venue for the funeral tea is still to be confirmed.
Brother John had a very distinguished time in Freemasonry
Member of Lodges:
- Initiated in Lodge Bearsden No.1572 on 5th February 1968
- Affiliated to Lodge Dundee St. Mary No.1149 on 17th April 1976
- Affiliated to the Lodge of Dunblane No. IX on 16th December 1987
Master of Dunblane No. IX
- Master of The Lodge of Dunblane No. IX 1997/1998
- On 6th November 1999 installed Brother Ronald Wilson Ross as Master of Lodge Bearsden No. 1572
- On 6th November 2004 took part in the Installation of Brother John Mann as Master of Lodge Bearsden No.1572 and installed the Office Bearers
Master of Bearsden
- Master of Lodge Bearsden No.1572 2006/2007
- Secretary of The Lodge of Dunblane No.1X from 1990-1995 and 1999-2003
- Honorary Assistant Grand Secretary 27th November 2003
Provincial Grand Lodge of Perthshire West
- Provincial Grand Secretary of Perthshire West 2000-2010
- Provincial Grand Master of Perthshire West 2010-2015
- Member of Grand Committee from November 1999 to present
This record only tells a bit of Brother John’s commitment to Freemasonry, he was always there to fill an office bearer space when needed and was a great visitor of Lodges far and wide.